Resolve Hand Therapy Specialists:
Resolve Hand Therapy Specialists are one of Melbourne’s largest providers of quality Hand Therapy services. We provide assessment and rehabilitation for patients who sustain an injury or are living with a hand related condition.
The therapists at Resolve Hand Therapy Specialists work in close consultation with Mr. David Ying and make the transition from operation to therapy much easier for the patient. The mutual understanding and respect between Mr. Ying and the therapists enhances the quality of care for patients and ensures that all aspects of care are considered.
Joint appointments are arranged, making a visit to Waverley Plastic Surgery less time consuming for the patient and all aspects of rehabilitation are discussed with all parties. This unique approach to patient care ensures that hand injured patients who attend Waverley Plastic Surgery are cared for in the best possible way.
Hand Therapy Services include:
- Exercise programs including strengthening and pain relief.
- Activities of daily living assessment such as driving and return to work. referral to community providers.
- Liaison and consultation with other allied heath professionals and consultant surgeons.
- Improve quality of care of patients with hand injuries.
- Provide protective and functional splinting for both surgical and non surgical patients.
- To provide pre-operative assessment and monitoring of hand conditions.
- Provide wholistic care of the patient with an upper limb injury including return to work and driving assessments.
- Improve hand function and strength through group work and individual exercise programs.
Who is eligible?
All patients with an acute and/or chronic hand related condition, including:
- Soft tissue/Sports injuries
- Tendon Injuries
- Chronic Conditions such as chronic pain
- Overuse Injuries
- Nerve injuries affecting the upper limb
How to Refer?
Patients do not need a referral to attend Hand Therapy although a referral is preferred and all GP’s are contacted and informed of their patients care.
Hand Therapy or Occupational Therapy is covered by Workcover, TAC and DVA and there is no cost to the patient.
Private patients are charged for services and in many cases can claim up to 80% of the cost of consultation and splinting through their private health insurance.
The Medicare benefits scheme also provides up to five consultations that can be bulk billed for patients with chronic conditions under a care plan.
Consultation costs can be discussed with your therapist.
Contact Details for Resolve Hand Therapy:
- Waverley Plastic Surgery
747 High St Rd
Glen Waverley 3150
- Appointments can be made by contacting:
Phone: 1300 769 980
Mobile: 0409 002 467
Fax: 1300 769 920
BACK to TOP